Your privacy and trust are important to us and this privacy statement ( “statement/”) provides important information about how the Starz Vibes and its affiliates worldwide ( “Starz Vibes/”, “We” or “we/”) handle personal information. This statement applies to any site of Starz Vibes, application, product, software, or service that connects to it (collectively, our “services”). Occasionally, a service will be tied to a different privacy statement that will describe the specific privacy practices of that service.
Please read this statement carefully and contact our data protection officer if you have any questions about our privacy methods or your personal information selections. It is important that you look back frequently for updates to this statement. If we make changes that we consider as important, we will notify you by placing a message on the relevant services and/or contacted you by other methods such as e-mail.
The Starz Vibes are committed to the treatment and protection that are responsible for personal information.
Personal information means any information related to a natural person identified or identifiable; An identifiable person is one that can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by a reference to an identifier such as a name, identification number, location data, online ID, or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social form of that person.
We collect, use, approach, transmit and store personal information when we need to provide our services and our operational and business goals as described in this statement. We want to be clear about our privacy practices so that you can make informed choices about your use of your information, and we recommend that you contact us at any time with any questions or concerns.
Types of personal information we collect
We collect personal information from you, for example, if you enroll for an event, request information, use our services, or request customer support. We may ask you to provide information such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, username and password, and information about your device. Not all the Starz Vibes in personal information always oppose you to come directly from you. You may, for example, come from your employer, other organizations that you belong to, or a professional service provider, such as your tax or professional accounting or lawyer, if they use our services. We also collect personal information from third parties such as our partners, service providers and Websites available to the public to offer services that we think may be of interest and help us maintain data accuracy and provide and improve the services.
In addition, the servers, journals, and other technologies automatically collect certain information that will help us manage, protect and improve our services; Usage analysis; and improve the user experience. We share personal information with others only as described in this statement, or when we believe that the law permits or requires it.
Sometimes we collect and process what may be considered as sensitive personal information.
Sensitive personal information is a subset of personal information and is usually defined as the information related to racial/ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, companies in the trade union, physical or mental health, other medicine and information including biometric and genetic data, or sexual life or preferences. In some cases, sensitive personal information may include criminal charges or convictions, accurate geolocation information, financial and bank account numbers, or unique identifiers such as National Insurance numbers issued by the government, license driver, and passport numbers.
Some of our services will ask you to share the exact geolocation so that we can personalize your experience and increase the accuracy of the service. We may also collect information such as a government identification number issued if you use our recruiting services for employment. Information that is considered to be sensitive to applicable law will be dealt with in accordance with these laws.
How we use personal information
We process personal information for this Service- purposes
• Account setup and administration: We use personal information such as your name, email address, phone number, and information about your device to set up and administer your account, provide technical and customer support and training, verify your identity, and send important account, subscription, and Service information.
• Personalization: We use personal information to deliver and suggest tailored content such as news, research, reports, and business information and to personalize your experience with our Services. Some of our Services will ask you to share your precise geolocation so we can customize your experience and increase the accuracy of the Service. If you agree to share your precise geolocation with us, you will be able to turn it off at any time by going to the privacy settings on your mobile device or online.
• Marketing and events: We use personal information to communicate with you across various platforms, such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail, and online. We also maintain email preference centers for you to manage your information. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving emails, we may still send you important Service information related to your accounts and subscriptions.
• Surveys and polls: If you choose to participate in a survey or poll, any personal information you provide may be used for research purposes.
• Research and development: We use personal information for internal research and development purposes and to improve and test the features and functions of our Services.
• Hosted services: Some of our Services provide data and document storage as an integral part of the product or solution offering. Documents and data stored by our customers may contain personal information in business and personal tax forms, payroll and financial data, and legal and litigation-related documents, for example. Any information stored by or on behalf of our customers is controlled and managed by and only made accessible to those customers or others our customers may authorize from time to time. Our access to this information is limited to Starz Vibes personnel with a critical business reason, such as technical support.
• Legal obligations: We may be required to use and retain personal information for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime; loss prevention; or fraud. We may also use personal information to meet our internal and external audit requirements, information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence; (b) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or those of other persons.
When we share personal information
Starz Vibes shares or discloses personal information when necessary to provide Services or conduct our business operations as described below. When we share personal information, we do so in accordance with data privacy and security requirements. We may occasionally share non-personal, anonymized, and statistical data with third parties. Below are the parties with whom we may share personal information and why.
• Within Starz Vibes: Our businesses around the world are supported by a variety of Starz Vibes teams and functions, and personal information will be made available to them if necessary for the provision of Services. All of our employees and contractors are required to follow our data privacy and security policies when handling personal information.
• Our third-party service providers: We partner with and are supported by service providers around the world. Personal information will be made available to these parties only when necessary to fulfill the services they provide to us, such as software, system, and platform support; cloud hosting services; advertising; data analytics. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal information we make available to them for any other purpose than to provide services to us.
• Third parties for legal reasons: We will share personal information when we believe it is required, such as:
• To comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence.
• To protect our rights, users, systems, and Services.
• E-recruitment partners: If you register as a user of our e-recruitment Services in order to apply for employment, your personal information, including any sensitive personal information you provide, will be made available to the organization to which you have applied. In order to consider an application fully, your personal information may be forwarded to an organization’s global offices.
Where we store and process personal information
Starz Vibes is a global organization, and your personal information may be stored and processed outside your home country. We take steps to ensure that the information we collect is processed according to this privacy statement and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
Starz Vibes have networks, databases, servers, systems, support and help desks located in all our offices around the world. We cooperate with third parties such as cloud storage services, provider and technological support located worldwide to serve our workforce and customers. We take appropriate steps to ensure that personal information is processed, secured, and transmitted according to the applicable law. In some cases, we may have to uncover or transfer your personal information within Starz Vibes or third parties in areas outside your home country.
How we secure personal information
Starz Vibes takes data security seriously, and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information. Our information security policies and procedures are closely aligned with widely accepted international standards and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements.
• Policies and procedures
• We have measures in place to protect against accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, destruction, or disclosure of data
• We place proper restrictions on access to personal information
• We implement proper measures and controls, including monitoring and physical measures, to store and transfer data securely
• We make estimates of private influences according to legal requirements policy
• Training for employees and contractors
• We require privacy, information security, and other applicable training on a regular basis for employees and contractors who have access to personal information and other sensitive data
• We take steps to ensure that our employees and contractors will follow our information security policy and the procedures and contractual conditions that apply.
• Vendor risk management
• We take steps to ensure that our employees and contractors will follow our information security policy and the procedures and contractual conditions that apply.
How long we keep personal information
Starz Vibes have a records management team that works in conjunction with the office of Privacy to implement policies and rules related to maintaining personal information. We have a schedule for keeping an organization’s records based on a classification set that consists of news functions, record classes, and record types. We reserve personal information as long as we require it reasonably for legal or business purposes. In determining periods of data retention, Starz Vibes take into account local laws, contractual obligations, and the expectations and requirements of our customers.
Your right to access and correct your personal information
• We respect your right to access and control your information, and we will respond to requests for information and, if necessary, repair or delete your personal information.
• Access to personal information: If you are requesting access to your personal information, we will be glad to respond, subject to the relevant legal and exemption requirements, including identity verification procedures. Before you provide data, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can find relevant data.
• Correction and deletion: In certain jurisdictions, you have the right to correct or amend your personal information if it is not accurate or requires an update, this can be possible through using the “Contact Us/” option within the relevant service.
• Filing a complaint: If you are not satisfied with how Starz Vibes manages your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to a data protection regulator.
Please contact our Data Protection Officer with any requests related to your personal information.
Cookies and similar technologies
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on a computer or other device and is used to identify the user or device and to collect information. Cookies are typically assigned to one of four categories, depending on their function and intended purpose: absolutely necessary cookies, performance cookies, functional cookies, and cookies for marketing purposes.
Types of cookies and why we use them
• Absolutely necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to move around a website and use its features.
• Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our websites. Information collected includes, for example, the Internet browsers and operating systems used, the domain name of the website previously visited, the number of visits, average duration of visit, and pages viewed. These cookies don’t collect information that personally identifies you and only collect aggregated and anonymous information. Performance cookies are used to improve thuser-friendliness of a website and enhance your experience.
• Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the site to remember options that you make (such as the user name or ID, the language preference, or the region or region you’re in) and provide better and more personalized features. You can also use these cookies to remember changes you’ve made to the size of text, fonts, and other parts that can be customizable by Web pages. They can also be used to provide services that you have requested, such as watching a video or blog comments. The information that these cookie collections may anonymized, and they cannot track your browsing activity on other Websites.
• Targeting and advertising cookies: These cookies track browsing habits and are used to deliver targeted (interest-based) advertising. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an ad and to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations, such as advertisers.
You can manage website cookies in your browser settings, and you always have the choice to change these settings by accepting, rejecting, or deleting cookies. If you choose to change your settings, you may find that certain functions and features will not work as intended on the Services. All browser settings are slightly different, so to manage cookies, you should refer to the relevant settings within your browser.
Other tracking technologies
• Local shared objects/Flash cookies: Flash cookies, also known as local shared objects, are designed to support browser content supported by Adobe® Flash. They are usually used to enable ads and video content on websites. Like other cookies, they will store information on your device, some of which will be specific to the Flash-enabled content. Flash cookies can only be deleted within Adobe Flash rather than via your browser. Please refer to the following help page for information on how to manage your privacy settings and deletion of Flash cookies.
• Web beacons: Our web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs and transparent graphic images) that we use to help deliver cookies on our sites, count users who have visited those sites, deliver services, and analyze the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, for example. We may also include web beacons in our newsletters to determine whether an email is opened or if links are clicked.
• Web server & application logs: Our servers automatically collect certain information to help us administer and protect the Services, analyze usage, and improve users’ experience. The information collected includes:
• IP address and browser type
• Device information including Unique Device Identifier (UDID), MAC address, Identifier For Advertisers (IFA), and similar identifiers we or others may assign
• Device operating system and other technical facts
• The city, state, and country from which you access our website
• Pages visited and content viewed, stored, and purchased
• Information or text entered
• Links and buttons clicked
• URLs visited before and after you use our Services
Interest-based advertising (IBA)
Interest-based advertising (IBA) allows us to deliver targeted advertising to users of our Services. IBA works by showing you advertisements that are based on the type of content you access or read. For example, as you browse our Services, one of the cookies placed on your device will be an advertising cookie so we can better understand what sort of pages or content you are interested in. The information collected about your device enables us to group you with other devices that have shown similar interests. We can then display advertising to categories of users that is based on common interests.
Do not track
Some browsers transmit Do Not Track (DNT) signals to websites. Due to the lack of a common interpretation of DNT signals throughout the industry, uential ghana does not currently alter, change, or respond to DNT requests or signals from these browsers.
Connecting via social networks
Some of our services may include social networking features such as Facebook ® “buttons and widgets, you can also log in to some services using your own social networking login, such as Facebook or LinkedIn ®. If you choose to connect using social networking or a similar service, you can receive and save credentials from the service and log in. You can get other information that you can choose to share when you connect with these services. These services may collect information such as Web pages or IP addresses that you access, and set cookies to function properly. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of the information collected by these third parties. You must review the privacy statement or policy that applies to third-party services that you connect, use, or access. If you do not want personal information to be shared with other users of your social media account provider or social media service, do not connect your social media account to the service account.
Links and connections to third-party services
Our Services may contain links to and may be used by you in conjunction with third-party apps, services, tools, and websites that are not affiliated with, controlled, or managed by us. Examples include Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter® and, third-party apps like voice software and readers. The privacy practices of these third parties will be governed by the parties’ own Privacy Statements. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties. You should review the privacy statements or policies applicable to these third-party services.
Starz Vibes provides information solutions for professionals, and our Services are generally not aimed at children. If, however, we collect and use information about children, such as to develop an educational resource, we will comply with industry guidelines and applicable laws.
How to contact us
You may have questions concerning this Statement or our privacy practices or may wish to file a complaint. Please feel free to contact us in one of the following ways:
To update your account information for technical support or other help with your Services, please visit the applicable email preference center or use the “Contact Us” option for the relevant Service.